Free Health Care Enrollment Assistance
- Last Updated: 2.16.17
The Affordable Care Act (known as ACA or the health care reform law) makes it easier for everyone to get insurance and access to health care.
You may be eligible for Medicaid or a qualified health plan through Maryland’s health insurance marketplace, Maryland Health Connection.
The staff can help you find the best health care coverage options for you and your family.
Staff can also help families apply for the Food Supplement Program, federally known as SNAP and previously known as Food Stamps. This program provides monthly benefits to eligible families to help them buy the food they need.
Anne Arundel County Department of Health/Annapolis Health Center
3 Harry S.Truman Parkway
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Health Care Enrollment Assistance Center's hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Wednesday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please bring the following information and items with you.
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for any legal immigrants who need insurance)
- Birthdates and general information about you and your family members who are also applying for health coverage
- Your State-Issued Photo ID
- Birth Certificate, Passport, Permanent Resident Card or a Naturalization Certificate for everyone in your household
- Employer and income information. Proof of one month’s income for everyone in your household (e.g., paystubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance for everyone in your household
- Information about any job-related health insurance available to your family
To learn more about health care coverage,
go to www.marylandhealthconnection.gov.