Bureau of School Health and Support
School Health Services – Administration
Full-time State Merit with Benefits
Full-time (12-Month) County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 2.17.21
Date Closing: 3.2.21
Location: 1601 Millersville Road, Millersville, MD 21108
Salary: $75,899.00 or $36.49 per hour
Benefits: Participation in the county’s group health plan (including dental, optical and prescription), paid holidays, annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the county’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: Under the supervision of the CHN Program Supervisor, this position serves as a supervisor of RNs in designated schools for two clusters in the School Health Services Program. This entails providing supervision and direction to school health nurses in assigned schools. Provides supervision and nursing services to ESY (Extended School Year) and other summer programs. Functions as a school nurse in one assigned school providing appropriate health services, supervision of delegated tasks, counseling, resources and referral assistance to students, parents and staff.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience as a community health nurse.
License: Candidates must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
Candidates may substitute:
1) A bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a Registered Nurse
2) Two years of experience as a registered nurse
3) A master’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university
4) One year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a registered nurse
5) U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Sharon Ward, Human Resources, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, HD #18, Annapolis, Maryland 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2, 2021.
An Equal Opportunity Employer