Last updated: September 17, 2020
Bureau of School Health Services
Click for the Full-time State Merit with Benefits
Full-time (12-Month) County Contractual with Benefits below
Date Posted: 9.11.20
Date Closing: 9.25.20
Location: 791 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
Salary: $81,016 or $38.95 per hour
Benefits: Participation in the county’s group health plan (including dental, optical and prescription), paid holidays, annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the county’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: Under the direction of the Program Manager of School Health Services, this position serves as supervisor of two clusters of the School Health Services Program, and Program Supervisor for one or more program areas of school health. This entails coordination, implementation and evaluation of health services in approximately 20 of the county schools, approximately 12,000 students.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience as a CHN plus one year of additional experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse. School Health experience preferred.
License: Candidates must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
Candidates may substitute:
1. A bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a registered nurse for the required education.
2. Two years of experience as a registered nurse for the education requirement.
3. Three years of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a Registered Nurse for the required experience.
4. A master’s degree in nursing or related field from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
5. One year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity as a registered nurse for the required experience.
6. U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in nursing classification or nursing or health care specialist specialty codes on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Patricia Bittinger, Human Resources, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, HD #18, Annapolis, Maryland 21401, fax to 410-222-4392 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2020.
An Equal Opportunity Employer