Last updated: January 3, 2019
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 4 ounces 100% cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, sliced thin*
- 1/4 cup ripe medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (including green tops)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (about 1 tsp.)
- Fresh ground pepper, as desired
Place cranberry juice in a saucepan. Boil for about 5 minutes until reduced to about 1 tablespoon of syrup. Place the reduced juice and all remaining ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until combined. Chill and serve immediately with favorite low fat chips or vegetables.
*Fresh cranberries may be stored in your freezer for up to one year.
Makes 8 servings.
Per serving: 35 calories. Fat: 1 gram. Saturated Fat: 0 grams. Sodium: 0 milligrams. Total Carbohydrates: 8 grams. Fiber: 2 grams. Protein: 1 gram.
Recipe adapted from fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org.