Last updated: October 30, 2020
WHEREAS, there is continued community transmission of COVID-19 in Anne Arundel County despite the current prevention measures; and
WHEREAS, there is a growing body of evidence of the effectiveness of face coverings in preventing transmission by symptomatic, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals; and
WHEREAS, suppression of cases will support schools reopening in the fall; and
WHEREAS, suppression of cases will strengthen our economic recovery; and
WHEREAS, preventing an increase in cases is essential to a safeguard the public health;
NOW, THEREFORE, NILESH KALYANARAMAN, M.D., Health Officer for Anne
Arundel County, pursuant to COMAR 10.06.01.06 and the authority delegated to County Health Officers by Governor Hogan’s Executive Order No. 20-06-10-01 (as amended) and finding it necessary for the control and medical containment of COVID-19 in Anne Arundel County, hereby orders and directs the following:
- Individuals shall wear a face covering while outdoors in public spaces when maintaining a physical distance of 6 feet from persons who are not members of the same household or residence is not feasible.
- The following are exemptions to section 1:
- Individuals who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability;
- Individuals under 2 years of age;
- Individuals at food service establishments while eating or drinking; or
- Individuals who are communicating or seeking to communicate with someone where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Individuals are not required to show documentation that an exception applies.
- This Order for Public Safety constitutes an order issued by a Local Health Officer pursuant to Section I, Paragraph (c), of Governor Hogan’s Executive Order No. 20-06-10-01 (as amended).
- All persons using outdoor public spaces shall also comply with the applicable directives from the Secretary of Health, any applicable Health Officer Directives, and applicable social distancing guidance published by the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Maryland Department of Health, as provided in Section I, Paragraph (c)(iii), of Governor Hogan’s Executive Order No. 20-06-10-01 (as amended).
- This Order for Public Safety is in addition to, and does not supersede, all previous Orders for Public Safety, except to the extent any prior Order is inconsistent with this Order, in which event this Order shall control. This Order for Public Safety shall continue until revoked.
- The Public Information Officer shall disseminate notice of this Order for Public Safety to the appropriate news media and to the general public.
THIS PUBLIC SAFETY ORDER IS ISSUED THIS 9th DAY OF JULY 2020, AND SHALL BE EFFECTIVE AS OF 5:00 P.M. on JULY 10th, 2020.