Bureau of Behavioral Health
System Training, Education and Prevention Services
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 1.8.21
Date Closing: 1.22.21
Location: 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis MD 21401
Salary: $18.96 per hour
Benefits:Participation in the County’s group health plan (including dental, prescription and optical), paid holidays, and annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the County’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: The Recovery Care Coordinator works in collaboration and continuous partnership with individuals who are opioid dependent and/or have other substance use disorders. The Coordinator also works with family caregivers, clinic/hospital/specialty providers and staff, and community resources in a team approach to:
- Promote timely access to appropriate care
- Assist clients with navigating the service delivery system
- Create and promote adherence to a recovery plan, developed in coordination with the client and when appropriate, providers and family/caregivers
- Facilitate client engagement and follow-up in treatment
- Increase the client’s ability for self-management and shared decision making
- Connect clients to relevant community resources, with the goal of enhancing client health and recovery
Street outreach with the harm reduction team will be required as needed to engage and connect with participants.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications
Education: Minimum associate’s degree in human services field required
- Must be able to provide a personal statement describing what skills and abilities he/she has to offer to this field of work.
- Must have two years’ case management experience in a behavioral health treatment setting.
- Must be able to maintain daily contact notes and submit monthly reports timely and accurately.
- Must be able to coach and model effective coping skills and develop a relationship of rapport and trust.
- Strong communication skills with other health professionals, co-workers and clients.
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanor.
Desired Qualifications: Very strong time management and organizational skills; ability to work independently and on a team; excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills; an advanced understanding of the public behavioral health system; and a proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the required qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Tiffaney Guthrie, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401, FAX to 410-222-4392 or email email@example.com by January 22, 2021.
An Equal Opportunity Employer