Last updated: November 29, 2017
Visit your local farmers market to prepare this patriotic side dish. Each serving provides a good source of vitamin C and potassium.
- 2 cups fingerling potatoes (10 oz)
- 2 cups small red potatoes (10 oz)
- 2 cups small blue potatoes (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Wash potatoes and pat dry. Bake* potatoes in the oven at 425 F for about 40 minutes or until tender. Cut fingerling and blue potatoes in half, and red potatoes in quarters, then place in a bowl. Add onion, parsley, dill and chives. Whisks vinegar and remaining ingredients together and pour over potato mixture. Toss gently to combine. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 156 calories. Fat: 4.6 grams. Sodium: 418 milligrams. Fiber: 3 grams. Saturated Fat: 0.7 grams. Total Carbohydrates: 27 grams. Protein: 3 grams.
*Note: Potatoes may be microwaved, steamed or grilled until tender.
Recipe adapted from fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org. Image courtesy of Flickr.