Bureau of Family Health Services
Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program
Full-time County Contractual with Benefits
Date Posted: 1.14.20
Date Closing: 1.28.20
Locations: 791 Aquahart Road, Glen Burnie, MD 21061, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401
- WIC Services Associate Trainee $14.47 per hour
- WIC Services Associate $15.32 per hour
Benefits: Participation in the county’s group health plan (including prescription, dental, and optical), paid holidays, annual and sick leave. The selected employee may also participate in the county’s deferred compensation program at his or her own expense.
Nature of Work: Under the direction of the WIC clinic supervisor, this position conducts client interviews for WIC Program eligibility and performs certifications for WIC participants per state and federal regulations; provides WIC health and nutrition information to participants; and conducts health screening to include height, weight and hemoglobin measurements (finger sticks). Successful applicants for WIC Services Associate Trainee positions need to attend the WIC Services Associate training program. May require travel to various locations throughout the county.
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a state high school equivalency certificate.
- WIC Services Associate – One year of experience in health or human service delivery, performing tasks such as program eligibility determination, health screening, client referral services or nutrition education.
- WIC Services Associate Trainee – None
- Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the experience requirement.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual in both English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications can apply. Send a completed County application or resume to: Sheri Streit, 3 Harry S. Truman Parkway, HD #18, Annapolis, MD 21401; fax to 410-222-4392; or email email@example.com by January 28, 2020.
An Equal Opportunity Employer