Last updated: December 10, 2018
Anne Arundel County Department of Health’s Adolescent and Family Services (AFS) provides outpatient mental health and addiction services to County children and adolescents, ages 4 to 18, and their families.
Mental health services are offered by a team of psychiatrists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Clinical Professional counselors who evaluate children and adolescents experiencing emotional, behavioral and developmental problems. Diagnostic evaluations, medication monitoring, and individual, family and group therapy are available. All Department of Health clinicians are trauma trained and certified. Services are offered to children and adolescents who have Medical Assistance or who are eligible for Medical Assistance.
Recognizing that substance use and mental health concerns are often co-occurring, the AFS staff works with patients and their families to create holistic treatment plans that address their challenges related to substance abuse within the larger context of their lives. The staff provides information and services, including individual and family therapy, drug and alcohol assessments and urine screening. If a patient requires a higher level of care, appropriate referrals are made. Services are available to youth who have Medical Assistance or who are eligible for Medical Assistance. For families with private insurance seeking assessments only, fees are determined on a sliding scale based on the family income.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Thursday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact:
Adolescent and Family Services
Integrated Behavioral Health Clinic
Behavioral Health Building
122 North Langley Road, Suite A
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
- Drug Facts for Teens
- Heroin – Opioids and Overdose Prevention
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Substance Use: Consumption and Perceptions Among Anne Arundel County Youth Ages 12-20, September 1, 2013 Survey Report (PDF)
- Nar-Anon-Family Groups
- Trends in Youth Suicide in Anne Arundel County 2012-2016
- Talking To Kids About Suicide (PDF)
- Back to School Preparation (PDF)
- Tips for Talking About Sex
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Services and Safe Sex Kit
- Children and Holiday Stress
- Holiday Blues
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Recovery Support Services
- Other Resources for Help (PDF)