Last updated: February 24, 2020
The following statistical reports are available for download or print using Adobe Acrobat Reader. For Department of Health Annual Reports, which highlight the number of Department services provided, see Department of Health Annual Reports.
The Community Health Needs Assessment Report, a joint undertaking by the Healthy Anne Arundel Coalition, contains comprehensive information about the health needs and health behavior of Anne Arundel County residents.
The annual Report Card of Community Health Indicators provides a brief overview of the health status of Anne Arundel County. The reports contain information on demographics, mortality and leading causes of death, selected health indicators and special health concerns.
Anne Arundel County Health Data By Councilmanic Districts
and ZIP Codes
Alcohol and Substance Abuse Reports
- Opioid-Involved Overdoses Report: Demographics, Risk Factors, Impacts and Response, 2015-2018
- Opioid Poisoning-Related Emergency Department Visits, 2010-2014
- Recovery: Follow-up Survey, 2019
- Substance Use: Consumption and Perceptions Among Anne Arundel County Youth Ages 12-20, September 1, 2013
Adolescent Reports and Surveys
- High School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2016
- High School Survey, Risk Behaviors and Sexual Identity Report, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2016
- Middle School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2016
- High School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2014
- High School Survey, Risk Behaviors and Sexual Identity Report, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2014
- Middle School Survey Summary Tables, Anne Arundel County, Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey 2014
Teen Birth Rates and Contraceptive Use in the County, March 2019
Teens and Sexual Health, March 2019
Youth Suicide: Trends in Youth Suicide in Anne Arundel County 2012-2016. This report has data on attempted and completed suicides among Anne Arundel County youth ages 10-24. It includes strategies on suicide prevention and intervention.
Youth Suicide Report, September 2014 – An Assessment of Young Suicide Behavior in Anne Arundel County 2008-2012
Health Disparities in Anne Arundel County
Infant Health in Anne Arundel County
These reports provide a summary of causes and risk factors for infant deaths in Anne Arundel County. The information has helped the Department of Health, in its partnership with other government agencies, health care professionals and community leaders, to develop strategies to reduce infant mortality in the County.
Overweight and Obesity in Anne Arundel County
These reports summarize the prevalence of overweight and obesity in Anne Arundel County and identify risk factors for overweight and related health problems.
Maryland and United States Health Statistics
- Data Guide – County, State and National, July 2014
- Maryland Department of Health, Vital Statistics Administration
- Maryland Drug Overdose Data and Reports
- Maryland Youth Risk Behavior Survey Reports
- CDC Wonder – U.S. Centers for Disease Control
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. County Health Rankings
For more information about Anne Arundel County health statistics, call the Office of Assessment and Planning at 410-222-4224 or Contact Us.